A focus on key development challenges
IDRC believes that knowledge and solutions should flow as freely across borders as problems. To reflect that belief, we have organized our programs along thematic rather than geographic lines. Many of them are global initiatives.
IDRC supports research on the following themes:
- a healthy environment and improved human health
- sustainable agriculture and food security
- adaptation to climate change
- the economic issues that underpin environmental problems.
- access to health care for all
- better health and stronger health systems.
- greater understanding and control of emerging and chronic diseases.
- joint Canadian-developing country research on issues such as health and climate change
- benefits for all from global digital networks and technologies
- innovation in the informal sector to improve livelihoods.
- inclusive economic growth and decent employment
- improved security, better administration of justice, and more democratic governance
We also work with Canada’s development research community to examine and address important global issues. These programs include: